Practical Lighting Systems for Your Home
Under cabinet lighting has become increasingly popular in recent years and Martella Electric Company has upgraded kitchens, studies, and even garages across Delaware County with these low voltage lighting systems.
What Is Under Cabinet Lighting?
Exceptionally versatile, under cabinet lights perform a number of valuable functions including the improvement of tasks as well as ambient and accent lighting. When paired with dimmers, cabinet lighting can deliver a wide range of looks that can make any area more attractive. As a result, under cabinet lights are in high demand and our Delaware County lighting team has a great deal of experience with the installation of these lighting systems using LED and halogen light sources.
Customer Favored Applications for Cabinet Lighting
With the many benefits of under cabinet lighting, the applications are seemingly endless.
The Most Commonly Seen Applications at Martella Electric Company Include:
- Kitchen Lighting: Easily the most popular use for low voltage lighting fixtures, kitchens are often the center of activity in any home and perform several critical functions. From a functional standpoint, meal preparation requires strong, direct lighting and under cabinet lights make cooking tasks easier. In addition, these fixtures not only deliver light to specific areas but throughout the room as well. Under cabinet lighting is also attractive in that it delivers light without visible fixtures.
- Accent Lighting: Although functionality is undoubtedly the primary reason for the installation of cabinet lights, use as accent lighting is certainly popular as well. Under cabinet lighting options can be applied to areas throughout your Delaware County home to offer a rich appearance and highlight various pieces of furniture or places of interest.
- Entertainment Centers: Whether you are highlighting the most recent stereo equipment or adding emphasis to items of interest, low voltage lighting fixtures are frequently used with entertainment centers to create a focal point within a room. Equally useful with curio cabinets and even bars, under cabinet lighting can deliver just the right amount of light easily and effectively.
Reach out to Martella Electric Company for experienced advice, service, and installation from our knowledgeable Delaware County under cabinet lighting experts. You can get in touch with us by contacting us online.
Low voltage lighting systems are always a favorable option as they provide the amount of light you need without racking up expenses on your energy bill. While each type of lighting equipment has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, the most basic is the type of power used.
What Is Low Voltage Lighting?
Low voltage systems use 120 volts of power, which is available in every Delaware County home, can accommodate a greater number of fixtures, and does not require any additional equipment. Low voltage lighting systems require a transformer to reduce the voltage from the available 120 volts to 12 volts and can be initially a little more expensive.
Benefits of Low Voltage Lighting
Despite the fact that low voltage lighting systems require some additional equipment and may be a bit more expensive, the benefits that accompany this equipment are what make them popular with homeowners.
Some of the Benefits That Low Voltage Systems Provide Include:
- Low Voltage Systems Are More Energy Efficient: Low voltage lighting is exceptionally efficient and a low voltage bulb can produce the same amount of light as a traditional incandescent bulb while only using 20% of the energy.
- More Money Is Saved with these Systems: With lower power consumption, low voltage systems save money in the long run.
- Heat Is Minimized: Unlike some other bulbs, low voltage lights generate a minimal amount of heat.
- Low Voltage Lighting Systems Have a Longer Life Span: Low voltage bulbs, especially LEDs, can last up to 50 times longer than Halogen or incandescent bulbs.
- These Systems Are Much More Versatile: Compared to others, bulbs for low voltage lighting systems are fairly small and much more versatile for use in under cabinet lighting.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen or simply highlight areas of interest in your home, under cabinet lighting in Delaware County has a wide range of uses.
Contact Martella Electric Company at (484) 341-7113 to learn more about how we can dramatically improve your Delaware County home or business with the installation of an under cabinet lighting system.
We have served the Delaware County community for over 60 years.
We provide 24/7 live customer support year-round.
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed—or you get your money back!
3-year warranties are provided for labor and materials.
Pricing options are provided upfront.
Fully licensed, certified, and highly-trained electricians
Full Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
1. Office personnel was extremely courteous. 2. Bill, our electrician, was pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient, and professional.Paul S.
Andrew is efficient and effective in everything that he does. His methodical nature makes me feel very confident that the work is done comprehensively ...Barb C.
This company has very professional employees, and I am always pleased with their work when they leave my home. They are patient with my questions and ...Carolyn B.
Best. Clean. Professional.Salvatore C.
Mark was top notch and even after I discovered a misdirection mostly on my part (he used the air conditioner bus which shut down the AC) he returned ...Jack R.
Mark was nice, early, and honest regarding work. I appreciated his professionalism.Denise P.
They responded to my request for service and were there when promised. Respectful of property and polite.Dorothy M.
Mark came out on a Friday on short notice and did a great job for us in all aspects. He put in some lighting and fans and also diagnosed some issues ...Mark D.
Good company who gets the job done correctly.Carmen F.